About This Event
The San Mateo County Fair is an annual event that brings families and communities together in the San Francisco Peninsula area and has done so for the past 80 years. Over 125,000 people attend the fair every year to eat, shop and enjoy the exhibits as well as the various carnival attractions. We have an estimate of 150 + vendors that come each year to showcase their products and create a positive shopping experience for fairgoers.
Email32,707SUBSCRIBERS38 %OPEN RATE
Applications will be received until all available spaces are filled. You will be contacted upon approval or denial of your application. Communication and flexibility become imperative for last-minute applicants.
If you are selected to participate you will be issued a contract. It is mutually important to understand that space is offered based on product of service, display, and needs of the Fair.
Event Terms and Cancellation Policy
The San Mateo County Exposition and Fair Association, hereinafter called The Association, for and in consideration of the covenants herein contained and the faithful performance by the COMMERCIAL VENDOR of all such covenants hereby grants to the COMMERCIAL VENDOR the right to use for the period of set-up: June 12th, 2020, load out: June 22nd, 2020 and The San Mateo County Fair: June 13th-21st, 2020. The COMMERCIAL VENDOR space commonly known and referred to as space and/or location or similar space on the grounds of the San Mateo County Event Center in which the COMMERCIAL VENDOR agrees to exhibit, display, merchandise, advertise or sell the products as hereinafter set forth at the price range as hereinafter set forth.
APPROVED PRODUCTS / SERVICES AND PRICE TERMS
1. The ASSOCIATION reserves the right to decline, restrict or prohibit any Exhibit, Exhibitor or proposed Exhibit or Exhibitor, not approved by Association, and to permit only such matter and conduct as it approves.
2. Special Provisions; The ASSOCIATION will not permit any COMMERCIAL VENDOR to sell false replicas of brand name products. Only items listed above in Exhibit “B” are permitted by The ASSOCIATION. Any and all items for exhibit, display, merchandised, advertised or sold are subject to the sole and final approval of The ASSOCIATION.
3. COMMERCIAL VENDOR agrees and understands and hereby warrants that the use of the commercial vendor space as hereby designated and set forth above is solely for the purpose as set forth in the agreement and it is understood and agreed that the use of commercial vendor space for any other purpose other than that set forth shall be cause for termination of this agreement and give The ASSOCIATION the right to re-enter and repossess commercial vendor space as designated in this agreement.
4. By executing this Agreement the COMMERCIAL VENDOR agrees and understands this Agreement is solely for the duration listed herein and that this Agreement does not provide the COMMERCIAL VENDOR with any rights or privileges for future events that COMMERCIAL VENDOR may wish to provide application for.
5. COMMERCIAL VENDOR agrees to indemnify, hold harmless and defend The State of California, The ASSOCIATION, San Mateo County, their agents, officers, directors, servants and employees are made additional insured’s, from and against any and all liabilities, damages actions, costs, losses, claims, and expenses (including attorney’s fees) on account of personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property or profits arising out of or resulting, in whole, or in part, from any act, omission, negligence, fault or violation of law or ordinance of COMMERCIAL VENDOR or its employees, agents, subcontractors, exhibitors, or invitees or any other person entering the facilities with the implied or express permission of COMMERCIAL VENDOR. Such indemnification by COMMERCIAL VENDOR shall apply unless such damage or injury results from the sole negligence, gross negligence or willful misconduct of The ASSOCIATION, its employees or subcontractors.
Certificate of Insurance for:
Public Liability and Property Damage is required in the amount of one million dollars ($1,000,000.00) and must include the following language:
"The State of California; The San Mateo County Exposition and Fair Association; San Mateo County; entities (public or non-profit) operating as California designated agricultural fairs; their agents, directors, officers, servants, and employees are made additional insured, but only insofar as the operations under this contract are concerned."
6. Special Provisions: An Insurance Certificate or CFSA Master Insurance list number is due with your deposit or shall thereafter be provided at a charge of $135.00 per business and added to your commercial vendor space total.
7. COMMERCIAL VENDOR by agreeing to those terms hereby acknowledges these terms and conditions and understands and acknowledges the rules and regulations of The ASSOCIATION with such rules and regulations as stated on the reverse side of this contractual agreement and attached hereto.
COMMERCIAL VENDOR agrees to pay to The ASSOCIATION for the rights and privileges hereby granted. Deposit of 25% is due 30 days within order's approval. Failure to comply after 30 days may result in cancellation of agreement by The ASSOCIATION and loss of paid fees. Booth fee must be paid in FULL* 60 days after the order has been approved. If order is approved 30 days prior to the start of the 2020 San Mateo County Fair, on June 13th 2020, then IMMEDIATE PAYMENT is required.
*Other fees may apply for participation and must be paid at the contracted due dates (ie. additional electrical, health permit fees, insurance, etc).
8. COMMERCIAL VENDOR will not be allowed to open until all of the requirements herein above set forth have been complied with. Failure of the ASSOCIATION to insist in any one or more instances upon the observance and/or performance of any of these rules and regulations shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach of such rules and regulations.
9. COMMERCIAL VENDOR further agrees that he shall devote his personal time and attention to the operation hereunder, and that he shall promote and render every reasonable courteous service to the Public, and that he/she shall be in the Commercial Vendor area at all times during the regularly scheduled daily hours of the Fair in which the Commercial Vendor area is open to the fair-going public, and shall be on said premises during all such times to receive any and all notices and instructions from the ASSOCIATION or its duly authorized representative.
10. PARTICIPANT HANDBOOK: By agreeing to those terms you indicate that you have read, understood and agree to all terms outlined in the 2020 San Mateo County Fair Participant Handbook.
11. Commercial Vendor agrees that in addition to all other lawful requirements all booths stands tents or enclosures erected under the terms of this agreement shall have the prior approval of the ASSOCIATION and local fire prevention and suppression authorities.
12. Commercial Vendor agrees to observe and comply with and execute and perform all Federal State, County and Local statutes, ordinances, rules regulations, and orders and any all lawful rules regulations and orders of any Federal, State and Municipal Board, public officer, public agency or public authority, which in any way affect or relate to or are applicable to his operations hereunder.
13. Commercial Vendor agrees that authorized representatives of the Association of the County of San Mateo to have access to premises at all times.
14. Commercial Vendor agrees that he will not sublet, sell or assign all or any part of the space covered by this agreement, or any other rights in to or under this agreement without first obtaining the written consent thereto of the Association. Commercial Vendor shall make no alternations or changes to any part of this agreement without permission of the Association.
15. Commercial Vendor agrees that in the event Commercial Vendor fails to comply in any respect with the terms of this agreement, all payments for this Commercial Vendor space shall he deem earned and non-refundable by the Association. The Association reserves the right to terminate this agreement. In addition, The Association shall have the right to occupy the space without penalty.
16. It is mutually understood and agreed that no alteration or variation in the terms of this contract shall be valid, unless made in writing and signed by the parties hereto.
17. In the Event that the Commercial Vendor fails to check in with the Association prior to 8pm on the day prior to Fair opening, unless otherwise approved in advanced by the Association, this agreement shall thereupon be terminated and any payments previously made shall not be refunded to the Commercial Vendor. It shall be retained by the Association as liquidated damaged for the breach of this agreement by the Commercial Vendor. The Association is expressly released from the terms and provisions of this agreement and is hereby authorized to lease said space to other parties.
18. Interpretation of rules – The Association reserves the final and absolute right to interpret rules and regulations, and arbitrarily settle and determine all matters, questions and differences in regard thereto or otherwise out of, or connected with this agreement.
19. Utilities - Association will provide each Commercial Vendor one (1) standard 110V (500 watt) electrical outlet Commercial Vendor must provide all electrical extension cords, lights and all other utilities as required at Commercial Vendor’s expense. All such utilities must comply with applicable codes.
20. Each and every article of Commercial Vendor, all boxes, crates, packing material and debris of whatsoever nature in connection with the Commercial Vendor and owned by the Commercial Vendor must be removed from the building and grounds by Commercial Vendor own expense not later than 14 hours after the official close of the Fair. It is understood that in the event of the Commercial Vendor’s failure to vacate said premises as herein provided, unless permission in writing is first obtained, the Association may and is hereby authorized and made the agent to the Commercial Vendor shall reimburse the Fair for expenses thus incurred.
21. Electrical Outage – The Association & Event Center shall not be liable for any losses suffered by Commercial Vendor due to power shortage. Including water, gas or electricity.
22. ADA - Commercial Vendor by signing this Agreement assures, the San Mateo Event Center that, Commercial Vendor and each of Commercial Vendors’, sub-contractors, vendors, exhibitors, promoters, agents and employees, if any, comply with the American with Disabilities Act (“ADA”) of 1990, (42.U.S.C. 12101 et seq.) and California Disabled Persons Act (Cal Civil. Code 54 et Seq.) and all relevant provisions of the Health and Safety and Business and Professions Codes, as well as all applicable regulations and Guidelines issued pursuant to the ADA, namely the American with Disabilities Act Guidelines (“ADAAAG”) and all applicable regulations and guidelines issued pursuant to California law including Title 24 of California’s Building Code. Failure to comply may subject Commercial Vendor to civil liability and damages. Commercial Vendor further agrees that this covenant to comply may subject Commercial Vendor to civil liability and damages. Commercial Vendor further agrees that this covenant to comply with State and Federal disability access requirements continues for the duration of the Agreement.
23. Termination - Association retains the sole and exclusive right to terminate this Agreement with or without cause for any reason and without penalty.